Replicas of the Terracotta Warriors
China is a country with various unique and delicate goods which will never allow you go back to your country without things made in China.
Chinese silk, tea, antiques, paintings and calligraphy, Chinese medicines, jade and pearls, handicrafts and other Chinese traditional productions are always the best choice for you to purchase as mementos of your tour in China and gifts for your friend and relatives.
In fact, if you really want to buy things that can represent China, things are different and all can perfectly show the history and culture of China in cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Chengdu, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Yunnan.
Beijing: cloisonne; fresh water pearls
Xi'an: replicas of the Terracotta Warriors, Tang Dynasty hand painted china, antique furniture
Shanghai: silk carpets, qipaos
Hangzhou: Longjing tea, silk
Guilin: scroll paintings, South China Sea pearls
Yunnan: mounted butterflies, Pu'er tea; Dali batik (tie-dyed fabric)
Guangzhou: wholesale markets for clothes, shoes, toys, electronic products and more
1. Shops in China usually open from 9:00am to 7:00pm, some will open to 9:00pm. Opening hours will be longer in summer and shorter in Winter.
2. Bargaining is necessary in markets and small shops.
3. Credit cards including Master Card, Visa, American Express, JCB, Diners Club, Million, Federal are accepted in most large Chinese department stores.But small market or shops only accept cash.
4. Check carefully the quality of the goods you want to buy and always ask for a receipt.
5. If you want buy high value items, you should go to regular legal shops, not the cheap stores.
6. Always take care of your wallet and bags when wandering in a crowd market.
7.Things like jade carvings, cultural relics and some other items are not allowed to take out of China. Confirm before your purchase.