11 Days Thailand and Laos Discovery Tour
Excellent - 229 reviews
This tour is filled with unique experiences, with a journey through the Golden Triangle. Our itinerary starts in Bangkok and ends in the UNESCO-designated gem, Luang Prabang. You'll discover an abundance of captivating sights and unforgettable experiences along the way.
Thailand: Bangkok city exploration (2 nights)
Thailand: Chiang Rai Golden Triangle Tour (3 nights)
Thailand: Chiang Mai elephants nature park (2 nights)
Laos: Luang Prabang city with Kuang Si Waterfall (3 nights)
Highlights of This Trip
Discover the best parts of the journey - the highlights that will make your trip truly memorable.
Explore Bangkok's rich culture, visit stunning temples like Wat Pho and Wat Arun, cruise its famous canals, and enjoy local cuisine. Bangkok offers a vibrant blend of tradition and modernity. We promise you an exciting and unforgettable experience.
Get ready for an amazing adventure with Close Encounters with Elephants at Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai! We're going to meet some incredible elephants up close and learn all about them. It's going to be a fun and educational journey!
Prepare for an unforgettable adventure at the stunning beautiful Khouang Si Waterfall! This natural wonder boasts crystal-clear waters and lush surroundings, offering a refreshing and awe-inspiring experience for all.
Let's explore the mysterious Golden Triangle! This is a place with lots of secrets and interesting things. We'll go on a journey to discover and learn about its special stories and Long Neck Karen village. Join us for an exciting adventure!
Tour Map & Day by Day Itinerary
Bangkok ArrivalSee more
Welcome to Bangkok!
Upon arrival, our tour guide and driver will welcome you at the airport. You will be escorted to the hotel and check-in. The rest of the day is at your leisure for recovery.
Note: if your arrival time is early, and you prefer to explore the city instead of taking a nap, please kindly tell our travel consultant, and we’ll recommend one of our suggested activities like watching a boxing game at Rajadamnern Stadium, a half-day city highlights tour, or night market & food tour, etc.
Bangkok City Exploration (B)See more
Enjoy your breakfast in Bangkok and prepare to enjoy a full day’s Bangkok city’s exploration. In the morning, you will visit:
1. Wat Phra Kawe & the Grand Palace: a complex of buildings at the heart of Bangkok, has been the official residence of the Kings of Siam.
2. Ride like a Local by tuk-tuk to Wat Pho temple
Then, have a nice local lunch after the long morning tour, and have a short break.
In the afternoon, explore the city’s renowned klongs(canals) by boat and cruise the Chao Phraya River. Also, visit the following two sites:
1. Wat Arun: one of the most visited temples in all of Thailand
2. Royal Barge Museum: many exhibitions on Thai history, royalty, and Buddhism.
After the tour, you will be escorted to the hotel, enjoy your free time, and have a good rest.
Bangkok to Chiang Rai (B)See more
After breakfast, enjoy your time and wait for our tour guide to pick you up to the airport, taking a flight to Chiang Rai, about 75 minutes.
Welcome to Chiang Rai! Upon arrival, our tour guide and driver will welcome you at the airport. You will be escorted to the hotel and check-in. The rest of the day is at your leisure for recovery.
Chiang Rai Exploration (B, L)See more
Today you'll start your tour in Chiang Rai. During this day, you'll visit:
1. Mae Kachan Hot Spring: hot water geysers; bathe feet in thermal water; boil quail eggs.
2. Meow Hill Tribe Village: located on the Mountain Doi Pui and once famous for opium cultivation.
3. Wat Rong Khun (White Temple): it's all white and has shiny pieces of glass that glimmer in the sunlight.
After lunch at a local restaurant, your Chiang Rai tour continues. In the afternoon, you’ll visit:
1. Wat Rong Suea Ten (Blue Temple): recognizable for its brilliant shade of rich sapphire.
2. Baan Dam (Black House): a special art museum with both old-style Thai buildings and new, unusual designs.
After the tour, your tour guide will escort you to the hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours.
Golden Triangle (B, L)See more
The Golden Triangle is a mysterious region for most of Indochina tourists. Today you will enjoy a full-day excursion to the heart of the Golden Triangle region.
After breakfast, your tour guide will meet you around 8:00 am and take you to the Long Neck Karen village. The Long Neck Hill tribe people are relocated from the Thai and Myanmar border.
And then, you will go to Mt. Doi Mae Salong to visit the Chinese village on the top of the mountain.
Lunch will be at a local restaurant. After a short break, you will continue the trip to the highest peak on the Thai-Myanmar border in the afternoon:
1. Doi Tung: provides an opportunity to view many different Lahu and Akha villages as well as terraced farming areas and see from a distance the Princess Mother's frigid flower Garden.
2. Doi Tung Temple: built in A.D.1493, located at the peak. Its scenery reminds one of Switzerland, and features many unique images and temple architecture overlooking the entire northern rice field plain.
3. Opium Museum: learn more about the region’s opium trade.
After the tour, return to the hotel and rest of the day free at leisure.
Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai (B)See more
In the morning, after breakfast, you will enjoy your free time until your tour guide picks you up for a drive to Chiang Mai. It takes around 3 hours.
Welcome to Chiang Mai, located in the north of Thailand, it is famous for its historical temples, picturesque mountains, cool weather, and scenic views. After check-in, you could have the rest of the day.
Chiang Mai – Skywalk & Elephant Wellness (B, L)See more
Today, you will be picked up by our guide at 7:30 am – 8:00 am, to enjoy a full-day visit to Elephant Nature Park, which is a natural home and sanctuary for elephants, buffalos, and other rescued animals.
Watch the saved elephants in two different places where they live together with their friends. You can learn about their stories. Besides, you could get a cool view of the small groups of elephants from SkyWalk.
1. 'Hands Off' Project: This is where elephants freely roam together, and you can see them from the SkyWalk, which is a special viewing spot.
2. Watch the Herd: Take a walk in the park to see the elephants in their groups. You'll also learn their stories and what they need.
3. See Them Socialize: Watch the elephants hang out together, play in the mud, or roll in the sand after they've had a bath in the river.
4. Visit Rescued Animals: You can visit the Dog Project and Cat Kingdom to learn about the saved dogs and cats. Besides, you can meet other saved animals in the park.
Enjoy a tasty buffet with vegan food from Asia and the West. At 3:30 pm, it's time to say bye to the elephants. Then, we'll drive you back to your hotel in Chiang Mai to have a rest.
Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang (B)See more
In the morning, after breakfast, you will enjoy your free time until your tour guide picks you up for the flight to Luang Prabang. It takes around 1 hour.
Welcome to Luang Prabang! In this small town, you'll find lovely old French-style buildings, amazing temples and monasteries, and the big Mekong River, making it a really beautiful place you won't forget. Don't miss the stunning sunset over the Mekong while enjoying a cold Beer Lao.
The rest of the day is at leisure. In the evening, you can wander around the city and the night market to discover the local life of Luang Prabang.
Luang Prabang City Tour (B, L)See more
After breakfast, your tour guide will meet you at 8:00 am – 8:30 am to start the day of the Luang Prabang city tour. In the morning, you will visit:
1. Royal Palace Museum: once served as the residence of King Sisavang Vong and was designed in the French Beaux-Arts style with many interesting artifacts of traditional Lao culture.
2. Wat Sene: the oldest temple of Luang Prabang.
3. Wat Xiengthong: its roofs sweep low to the ground and represent classical Laotian architecture.
4. Wat Visoun: the oldest Buddhist temple and the city’s museum of religious arts.
5. Wat Aham: the monastery of the blossoming heart.
After eating a delicious Laotian lunch, you are going on a tour in the afternoon.
1. Arts and Ethnology Center: learning about Laos’ many ethnic cultures.
2. Weaving villages of Ban Xiengkhong and Ban Xienglek: known for their arts and crafts including saa paper and silk.
You can watch villagers making paper and weaving traditional textiles. After visiting the villages, you will return to the city for a visit to Wat Mai, which is one of Luang Prabang’s largest and most richly decorated temples.
After the tour, your tour guide will escort you to the hotel for the rest.
Boat Trip to Pak Ou Caves & Kuang Si Waterfall (B, L)See more
After breakfast, your tour guide will meet you at the hotel around 8:00 am – 8:30 am. The day begins with a boat ride up the Mekong River, which gives you a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside. Along the way, you'll stop and visit:
1. Ban Xanghai village: the place where Laos rice wine and rice whiskey are produced. You'll have the opportunity to try some and learn about the process used to make it.
2. Pak Ou Caves: two linked caves filled with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims.
Lunch will be served near the caves. You'll try a local Laotian dish called "Orlam" which is a soup with vegetables and features a spicy wood that is partially edible. After a short rest, you’ll continue on your half-day tour to the beautiful Khouang Si Waterfall.
1. Bear Rescue Sanctuary: three bear houses were built with a capacity for 25 rescued bears. You'll prepare an enrichment feed for the bears.
2. Kuang Si Waterfall: the most beautiful in Laos. You can cool off with a refreshing swim in the pools or walk along the forest trails.
After the tour, your tour guide will escort you to the hotel for the rest.
Luang Prabang Depature (B)See more
Enjoy your breakfast and free time in the morning until your tour guide picks you up to the airport. Tour service ends here.
Hope you enjoyed a great trip with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Service Inclusions & Exclusions
✓Flight tickets with airport tax as listed in above itinerary.
✓Entrance fee and sightseeing as listed in the itinerary.
✓Private English speaking tour guide service.
✓Private van for land transportation with cold drinking water and soft drink provided in the car.
✓Meals as listed in the itinerary (B for breakfast, L for lunch and D for dinner).
-International air tickets.
-Visa Handling fee, visa stamp fee.
-Meals are not listed in itinerary.
-Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses.
-Tipping for guide, driver and hotel bell boys, etc.
-Surcharge for public holidays (if any).
-Services not stated in the itinerary.
Why Choose Us
Select us for quality, experience, and reliability. We're your trusted choice for a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Our dedicated 7/24 1 to 1 consultant service is available around the clock, providing you with expert guidance and support tailored to your specific needs and questions.
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of our private van service with skilled drivers. Relax as we take you to the destination safely and hassle-free.
Discover the best of your destination with our expert local tour guide. They'll show you the hidden gems and share fascinating insights to make your trip unforgettable.
Experience the heart of our community with local special activities. Join us for unique adventures and cultural experiences that will leave you with cherished memories.
Indulge in the finest accommodation for a luxurious stay. Our high-quality rooms offer comfort, style, and relaxation, ensuring a memorable and restful experience during your stay.
Let us recommend delightful local flavor meals. Experience the authentic tastes of our region with our handpicked dishes that showcase the best of our local cuisine.
What Our Customers Saying...
Enquire about this tip and your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 0.5-23.5 hours.
You are inquiring on:
11 Days Thailand and Laos Discovery Tour
- Tour Code:INT-TL-TL11
- Length: 11 days & 10 nights Days
- Route: Bangkok – Chiang Rai – Golden Triangle – Chiang Mai – Luang Prabang
- Price: USD
- Departure Date: