As one of the largest manufacturers of clothes and accessories in Asia and in the world, Vietnam is a paradise for buying quality goods with a tempting price. There is nothing you will regret after you buying. Here boasts all kinds of clothes, purses, handbags, wallets and shoes in all markets, small shops and shopping malls.
What to buy
1. Ao Dai
Ao Dai is a Vietnamese national costume which most wore by local women. You can buy it in a local store or customize one in a tailor shop.
2. Cotton Products
High-quality cotton products, such as bed linen, pillows, shirts and T-shirt, are available everywhere in Vietnam. The cotton products are colorful and natural with relatively lower prices which become these products sell well for foreign visitors.
3. Vietnamese Silk
When you tour in Vietnam, an original home of silk and a country has decades-old tradition of manufacturing high-quality silk products, it is a must for you to purchase some silk products. In many specialty shops and souvenir shops, silk products are available for you to choose.
4. Porcelain / Pottery
In many traditional arts villages around Hanoi and many specialty shops in Vietnam, porcelain, hand-made ceramics, pottery with unique decorations, tea plates and cups are easy to find.
5. Lacquer Products
In producing high-quality lacquer products, Vietnamese artists are the most capable in Asia. Beautiful lacquer paintings, furniture, accessories, table dishes and many other exquisite products can be find in many stores in Vietnam.
6. Jewellery and Pearls
Another popular shopping item in Vietnam is jewellery which are made of local gemstones. You can purchase amethyst, ruby, aquamarine, jade, sapphire and other precious stones in Vietnam.
7. Vietnamese Art Paintings
Oil and lacquer paintings made in Vietnam are not only beautiful, but also inexpensive. Naturally gifted and well-trained, local artists can make many high-quality and fine paintings for visitors.
Where to buy
1. Vietnamese food markets are best places for you to buy fresh products, as well as places to experience local culture and lifestyle in Vietnam.
2. Street markets and clothing markets are rich in inexpensive clothing and accessories.
3. Art Galleries are there for those who want to buy authentic arts and crafts.
4. Specialty and souvenir shops are especially for visitors to buy some local items, such as Cotton products, silk products, jewellery and so on.
1. The goods made in home in Vietnam is not expensive while goods imported from other countries are more expensive.
2. It seems that goods in south of Vietnam are cheaper than in the north, especially popular tourist cities.
3. Always remember to bargain with the vendors when you want to purchase something and you will get a satisfied price.
4. Make sure you get offcial receipts for the items you buy in Vietnam - you need to fill the store name, address, phone number, description of item, and price you paid.