One Week Thailand Golden Triangle Exploration Tour Package
Excellent -201 reviews
Celebrate the beauty of northern Thailand in just one week. Start in Chiang Mai with a Thai cooking class and nature exploration. Continue to Chiang Rai for the Golden Triangle experience, and then return to Chiang Mai for an unforgettable elephant encounter!
Chiang Mai nature and culture tour (3 nights)
Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle discovery (2 nights)
Chiang Mai elephants wellness and skywalk (1 night)
Highlights of This Trip
Discover the best parts of the journey - the highlights that will make your trip truly memorable.
Get ready for an amazing adventure with Close Encounters with Elephants at Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai! We're going to meet some incredible elephants up close and learn all about them. It's going to be a fun and educational journey!
Let's explore the mysterious Golden Triangle! This is a place with lots of secrets and interesting things. We'll go on a journey to discover and learn about its special stories and Long Neck Karen village. Join us for an exciting adventure!
Experience the soothing art of Traditional Thai Massage, a cherished practice from Thailand. This ancient therapy combines gentle stretching and pressure techniques to promote relaxation and well-being. Enjoy the tranquility and rejuvenation it brings to your body and mind.
Escape to tranquility in Doi Inthanon National Park. Nestled in northern Thailand, this natural haven offers serene landscapes, lush forests, and breathtaking waterfalls. Explore the park's beauty and unwind in the heart of nature.
Go to the organic farm in the early morning to pick up your ingredients from the menu. We’re going to take you through the best Thai food cooking class at this time. You can learn much more about food culture and farm strategies here!
Tour Map & Day by Day Itinerary
Chiang Mai ArrivalSee more
Welcome to Chiang Mai, a delightful city in northern Thailand, celebrated for its rich culture and stunning natural beauty. Upon arrival, our tour guide and driver will welcome you at the airport. You will be escorted to the hotel and check-in.
Note: if your arrival time is early, and you prefer to explore the city instead of taking a nap, please kindly tell our travel consultant, and we’ll recommend one of our suggested activities like joining a Thai cooking class, a half-day city highlights tour, or night market & food tour, etc.
Chiang Mai Thai Cooking Class & Farm Visit (B, L)See more
Enjoy your breakfast in Chiang Mai and prepare to learn how to make authentic Thai dishes using local ingredients bought from the market.
Around 8:00-8:30 am, your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel and transfer to the organic farm. You can choose what you want to cook from the menu and then go to the local market to buy ingredients. While visiting the organic farm, you could:
1. Pick fresh vegetables & collect eggs.
2. Get to know Thai herbs and vegetables.
3. Feed the chicken.
After visiting the farm, you’re going to cook a variety of authentic Thai dishes on your own two hands and enjoy the fruits.
When the tour ends, you will be escorted to a spa center to enjoy one-hour traditional Thailand massage to relax your senses. Then go back to your hotel to have a good rest.
Chiang Mai – Doi Inthanon National Park (B, L)See more
Today, after breakfast, your tour guide will meet you from 8:00 am to 8:30 am and take you to Doi Inthanon National Park, which is one of the most popular national parks in Thailand, famous for its beautiful waterfalls, picturesque landscape, and Thailand culture.
Upon arrival in the park, it’s time to have a local Thai lunch, after a short rest, you’ll visit:
1. Wachirathan Waterfall: one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Thailand
2. Sirithan Waterfall: a centrally-located falls in Doi Inthanon National Park, dropping a total of 40 meters into the river.
3. Grand Pagoda Nabhapolbhumisiri: the great holy relics pagoda.
4. Ang Ka Nature Trail: 2500 meters above sea level and surrounded by hi evergreen forest.
5. Ban Mae Klang Luang: a S’gaw Karen village in Doi Inthanon National Park.
After the end of the tour, you’ll be driven back to Chiang Mai for about 1.5 hours. You could have a rest in your hotel.
Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai (B, L)See more
Today you will be leaving for Chiang Rai. After breakfast, your tour guide will meet you at the hotel around 8:00 am. During the drive to Chiang Rai, you’ll visit:
1. Mae Kachan Hot Spring: hot water geysers; bathe feet in thermal water; boil quail eggs.
2. Meow Hill Tribe Village: located on the Mountain Doi Pui and once famous for opium cultivation.
3. Wat Rong Khun (White Temple): it's all white and has shiny pieces of glass that glimmer in the sunlight.
After lunch at a local restaurant, your Chiang Rai tour continues. In the afternoon, you’ll visit:
1. Wat Rong Suea Ten (Blue Temple): recognizable for its brilliant shade of rich sapphire.
2. Baan Dam (Black House): a special art museum with both old-style Thai buildings and new, unusual designs.
After the tour, your tour guide will escort you to the hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours.
Golden Triangle (B, L)See more
The Golden Triangle is a mysterious region for most of Indochina tourists. Today you will enjoy a full-day excursion to the heart of the Golden Triangle region.
After breakfast, your tour guide will meet you around 8:00 am and take you to the Long Neck Karen village. The Long Neck Hill tribe people are relocated from the Thai and Myanmar border.
And then, you will go to Mt. Doi Mae Salong to visit the Chinese village on the top of the mountain.
Lunch will be at a local restaurant. After a short break, you will continue the trip to the highest peak on the Thai-Myanmar border in the afternoon:
1. Doi Tung: provides an opportunity to view many different Lahu and Akha villages as well as terraced farming areas and see from a distance the Princess Mother's frigid flower Garden.
2. Doi Tung Temple: built in A.D.1493, located at the peak. Its scenery reminds one of Switzerland, and features many unique images and temple architecture overlooking the entire northern rice field plain.
3. Opium Museum: learn more about the region’s opium trade.
After the tour, return to the hotel and rest of the day free at leisure.
Chiang Mai – Skywalk & Elephant Wellness (B, L)See more
Today, you will be picked up by our guide at 7:30 am – 8:00 am, and drive back to Chiang Mai. After enjoying a local traditional Thai lunch, you’ll start a half-day visit to Elephant Nature Park, which is a natural home and sanctuary for elephants, buffalos, and other rescued animals.
Watch the saved elephants in two different places where they live together with their friends. You can learn about their stories. Besides, you could get a cool view of the small groups of elephants from SkyWalk.
1. 'Hands Off' Project: This is where elephants freely roam together, and you can see them from the SkyWalk, which is a special viewing spot.
2. Watch the Herd: Take a walk in the park to see the elephants in their groups. You'll also learn their stories and what they need.
3. See Them Socialize: Watch the elephants hang out together, play in the mud, or roll in the sand after they've had a bath in the river.
4. Visit Rescued Animals: You can visit the Dog Project and Cat Kingdom to learn about the saved dogs and cats. Besides, you can meet other saved animals in the park.
At 5:30 pm, it's time to say bye to the elephants. Then, we'll drive you back to your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai Departure (B)See more
Enjoy your breakfast and free time in the morning until your tour guide picks you up to the Airport. Tour service ends here.
Hope you enjoyed a great trip with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Service Inclusions & Exclusions
✓Flight tickets with airport tax as listed in above itinerary.
✓Entrance fee and sightseeing as listed in the itinerary.
✓Private English speaking tour guide service.
✓Private van for land transportation with cold drinking water and soft drink provided in the car.
✓Meals as listed in the itinerary (B for breakfast, L for lunch and D for dinner).
-International air tickets.
-Visa Handling fee, visa stamp fee.
-Meals are not listed in itinerary.
-Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses.
-Tipping for guide, driver and hotel bell boys, etc.
-Surcharge for public holidays (if any).
-Services not stated in the itinerary.
Why Choose Us
Select us for quality, experience, and reliability. We're your trusted choice for a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Our dedicated 7/24 1 to 1 consultant service is available around the clock, providing you with expert guidance and support tailored to your specific needs and questions.
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of our private van service with skilled drivers. Relax as we take you to the destination safely and hassle-free.
Discover the best of your destination with our expert local tour guide. They'll show you the hidden gems and share fascinating insights to make your trip unforgettable.
Experience the heart of our community with local special activities. Join us for unique adventures and cultural experiences that will leave you with cherished memories.
Indulge in the finest accommodation for a luxurious stay. Our high-quality rooms offer comfort, style, and relaxation, ensuring a memorable and restful experience during your stay.
Let us recommend delightful local flavor meals. Experience the authentic tastes of our region with our handpicked dishes that showcase the best of our local cuisine.
What Our Customers Saying...
Enquire about this tip and your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 0.5-23.5 hours.
You are inquiring on:
One Week Thailand Golden Triangle Exploration Tour
- Tour Code:INT-T-ID7
- Length: 7 days & 6 nights Days
- Route: Chiang Mai – Doi Inthanon National Park - Chiang Rai – Golden Triangle - Chiang Mai
- Price: USD
- Departure Date: